Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream


Well, I finally did it. I bought a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with part of my stimulus check. Thank you Uncle Sam!

I have been following Michelle's (Eggface) journey into the art of protein ice cream making. I have to share this with you though...ice cream is what got me into trouble.

My treat for the day (pre-weight loss surgery) was to buy Blue Bell ice cream and eat a half a gallon a day! Sad isn't it? Well I got to say this about Eggface's protein ice cream...yum, yum, yum!!!!

So, here is the recipe I used for my Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream (click here).

Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream
3 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Lean Dessert Whipped Vanilla)
2 Banana
Mix all your ingredients in blender, except for 1 banana. Pour into your freezer and follow manufacturers directions and wait! 5 minutes before your ice cream freezes, chop the remaining banana into small bite size pieces and pour into your freezer. Your ice cream will be the consistency of soft serve. You can enjoy it then, or pop into an airtight container and freeze for a couple of hours. I topped mine with a little Smucker's Sugar Free Hot Fudge sauce, while RJ used Smucker's Sugar Free Caramel.

No comments: