Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies


One of my favorite Christmas candies is Chocolate Covered Cherries. For years, I always bought a box of Queen Anne Cherries, man, that just made my Christmas. The trouble was, I could not stop at one!


The other day, I was craving those same cherries. Unfortunatly, I knew they would make me so sick! So, I did a little research, and came up with an appropriate alternative...
Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies!

INGREDIENTS:
BROWNIES
2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

CHERRY FILLING
1 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
¼ cup Splenda sugar substitute
Sugar Free Cherry Preserves
Maraschino Cherries with stems

Mix Brownies ingredients together in one bowl.
Mix cream cheese, ¼ cup splenda, and 1 tablesoon of sugar free cherry preserves in another bowl.

Using a pastry bags, fill one with brownie mixture, the other with cherry filling mixture.

Squeeze a small amount of brownie mixture into the bottom of mini muffin tins. Once you have finished with 1/2 the brownie mixture, do the same with all the cream cheese mixture.

Place 1 cherry into the middle of each of the mini muffin containers, these will become your cherry center. At this point, cover all the cherries with the remaining brownie mix.

Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, depending upon your oven. This makes 48 mini brownies.



Hope you enjoy!

No comments: