Saturday, May 31, 2008
Boneless Chicken Breast
Canned Artichoke Hearts
1) Pound chicken until thin enough to roll.
2) Thaw and drain frozen spinach.
3) Layer spinach, feta cheese, and artichoke hearts in center of chicken. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
4) Season both sides of chicken with seasoning to taste.
5) Saute chicken in garlic and olive oil until brown all the way around.
6) Bake in 350 degree oven until done.
I had a few extra breasts & ran out of feta so I used a little smoked provolone & added a few halved kalamata olives in addition to the spinach & artichokes. I haven't tried that one yet but it looked just as good!!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Last week at church we had a covered dish dinner. One of the desserts that was brought was very similar to a trifle dessert, but was served in a 9 x 13 pan. We thought we would try to recreate it using sugar free ingredients. This is what we came up with. Now I will say this, depending on what stage of diet or weight loss surgery your are at, keep in mind the title of my blog:
Food for Thought And Moderation Too!
2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 box of jello sugar free pudding
1 package of sugar free cool whip
1 Russel stover sugar free toffee squares
1. Melt the butter or margarine and mix all ingredients in the order given.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes in a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
Once brownies are cooled, crumble into a 9 x 13 pan. Make 1 box of jello sugar free chocolate pudding as directed. Pour over top of crumbled brownies and chill until pudding is set. When pudding is set, top with 1 package of sugar free cool whip. Chop toffee squares and sprinkle over the top of the cool whip.