Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fajita Pizza

I tried something new for the first time today. Inspiration has come from Michelle (eggface). She is always blogging about her tortilla pizzas, and how easy they are to make. Guess what? She is right.

After yesterdays Bariatric Iron Chef Luncheon, I was just food-ed out . There was no way I was going to cook. And my wife was the same way, tired! In fact when the luncheon was over, we came home and fell asleep for about 3 hours. "Nough said, we were tired!

When I woke up, I had an idea. We had ate dinner a couple of nights before at our favorite Mexican restaurant , "Las Maracas". We definitely had leftovers, fajitas! So, here was my idea!

I took 1 tablespoon of refried beans and spread them over a low carb tortilla. At that point I shredded some of the chicken, and scattered that about. 2 slices of low fat provolone cheese. Then topped it off with some of the vegetables. Slid the tortilla in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Man it was good! Thanks Michelle for the idea!

1 comment:

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Gorgeous!!! You did me proud ;) LOL. ~Michelle